Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Ritz's impressions on the Achiga movie

The Achiga-hen live-action movie was released on the 20th and Ritz just made a new blog post with her impressions. It seems she liked it. Here's a translation.
*Edited the last part a bit.

Ritz-sensei's blog post 18.01.23

The Achiga-hen movie!

I'm too self-conscious to go to an advance screening, so I first watched it on January 20. In fact, I was planning to secretly go to the advanced screening on the 11th but I had a deadline coming so I didn't.

Last year, when I secretly went to book a reservation for the advanced screening I was discovered by the producer so I was like "Gyah!" but this time it was ok.

The movie was wonderful as always. I think that if the serialization of Saki was allowed to continue, it was thanks to a good anime. Now, on top of the anime, I have been blessed with a good live-action.

Is this a spoiler?

About the movie, I think it's great that they added more focus to the core of the story, like they did with Nagano-hen. From the moment I read the script, I realized they added many nice scenes to that purpose.

When comparing it to the original work, on top of adding more emphasis to things like the semifinal, Harue's trauma, etc., they also included many other things like Shizuno's growth or the relation between Ako and Hatsuse.

All the actresses looked very cute and pretty. The presentation techniques, camera angles, etc. gave it a beautiful feeling. I have been drawing cute girls since my time as an illustrator and scenes where I had the feeling of "I could never beat that" kept coming one after another!

Lately, I've been drawing more impulsively but it got me thinking that I should have more self-control and be more refined.

I liked the end credits as always. Seeing the candid shots where they all seem to be having fun was calming. In Nagano-hen, the Ryuumonbuchi 5 and Tsuruga looked just a little bit long shot but I liked that sorrowful feeling.

About the feeling at the end of Achiga...
At the end of Nagano-hen it was "My onee-chan is waiting!" so, after watching the movie, a fan of only the live-action was like:
"Every movie has unresolved plot points! There is a final chapter that brings the two plotlines together and offers a resolution, right!? In the final, Saki plays against her sister and Achiga reunites with Nodoka, right? I want to see it soon! I want to see it!"
When he said that to my manager, he told him:
"Do you realize that you are stabbing yourself with all that?"
I'm really sorry.

3 comments:

  1. "Every movie has unresolved plot points! There is a final chapter that brings the two plotlines together and offers a resolution, right!? In the final, Saki plays against her sister and Achiga reunites with Nodoka, right? I want to see it soon! I want to see it!"
    HaHaa, naive guy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Lately, I've been drawing more impulsively
    Meaning the boob upgrades and blatant nopan shots.

    ReplyDelete